ChequeMan Blog

Smart and Easy Cheque Printing Software

What should a person do if he receives a Dishonored Cheque

• Notice should be issued to the payer within a month of the dishonor of the cheque. if it is not issued within a month then the cheque needs to be presented to the bank again and the notice can be issued after the cheque bounces.
• After the notice, 15 days should be given to the payer to make the necessary payments.

• If not paid within 15 days, then a suit can be filed in the court within a month after the 15 days notice period.

Steps for giving notice and for filing a suit in the court

1. Notice to be given within a month of the date of cheque bounce.

2. It should be sent to the payer through a Registered Post along with the acknowledgement receipt.
3. One copy of notice should be sent to UPC as well.
4. The documents required while filing a suit are complaint letter, oath letter and photocopy of all the necessary documents such as cheques, memos, notice copy and acknowledgement letter.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.