Â All the local cheques can be presented in the CTS. Banks may also present cheques on banks situated outside the NCR, but such banks have branches in the NCR region. The CTS also supports the intercity clearing and specialized clearing like high value clearing etc. The on-us instruments where both presenting and drawee banks are same are not allowed in the CTS. Images of such instruments would be stopped at the Clearing House Interface itself.
Following are the points to be remembered while shifting to the Cheque Truncation System:
- One should be using CTS – 2010 compliant cheques issued by bank from 1st April 2013.
- Use of DARK colored ink to write or print on cheques.
- Cheques drawn should be written or printed clearly and should be legible so that on scanning, the image can be read clearly.
- No overwriting or cancelling on the cheques is allowed.
- All post dated cheques that have been issued should be cancelled and reissued in CTS 2010 compliant cheque format.
- All the old cheques issued in non CTS compliant cheques should be cleared before 1st April 2013.